Wednesday 12 April 2017

T5W- Books That Would Make Good Video Games





Hey guys, it's time for this weeks Top 5 Wednesday! If you don't know what this is, it's a weekly meme where you pick your top 5 things relating to a certain topic, usually bookish related. If you want to join in or just want some more information I'll leave the Goodreads page linked here as it will definitely be able to explain it better than me!

This weeks theme is: Books that would make good video games.

I haven't played video games in ages, I don't really have the time to do so anymore with working, YouTube and also reading but I used to love playing them when I was younger and if I have spare time I still occasionally get my 3DS out for an hour or so. This topic is super fun for me as there are loads of books that would be so cool as video games!


1. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Could I talk about this book any more? Probably not but oh well, I'm slightly obsessed with it. This would be the most badass video game ever. Trying to survive against the inflicted and also find a way to escape the Lincoln would make this game so exciting and you'd just constantly be on the edge of your seat playing it. Would be slightly terrifying but why is this not a game yet??


2. The Selection by Kiera Cass

Okay this is one that I would play so much. Imagine, you can either have the choice to be Prince Maxon and date all these girls until you narrow it down to one by doing all these tasks and challenges with them and seeing who you're most compatible with and stuff, or you can be one of the girls dating the Prince and your challenge is to get picked by him by beating the other girls in tasks. I should definitely be a video game writer. 


3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

This would be a game so full of mystery and intregue and you could just go around exploring all the different tents at the circus and play cool mini-games in each tent that earn you points. And you could have the choice to become on of the circus performers doing different tricks and things.

4. Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter

This entire series is about a school for spies. How could that not be a perfect video game? Going undercover and trying not to get caught and of course there would have to be a romance involved and you have to make decisions about if to tell him or not. So many things would be perfect about this being a video game!


5. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

We all know that this would make the absolute best video game, I'm surprised there isn't one already. You could make guesses about who is A, and choose which character you want to play as. Different romances and story-lines within the game make each players game unique to them and the choices they make. 




This was a super fun post to write, what books do you think would make great video games? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment