Thursday 13 April 2017

Book Traveling Thursday #13

Hey guys, it's Thursday which means it's time for another Book Traveling Thursday! This is a weekly meme created by Catia where we talk about book covers relating to a certain theme. If you would like some more information and to join in, I'll leave the Goodreads page linked here.

This weeks theme is: National Pet Day was a few days ago, choose a book that features your favourite pet.

My favourite pet is without a doubt is a cat. I love cats so much, they're adorable and I have a black kitten called Pendle and she's literally my everything. So I chose a book about cats that I really enjoyed when I was younger, and that's Varjak Paw by S.F.Said. Literally nobody has heard of this book and I actually really enjoyed it, it's about adventure and mischief.

Original Cover:

Varjak Paw  (Varjak Paw #1)

I think this is quite a cute cover, it's a very minimalist and simple drawing of the cat but it works really well. I don't really like the mustard colour background but other than that I think it's cute.

Favourite cover:

 Titus Tatz
     (German)

There's something about this cover that I find really appealing. The close up of the cat and how realistic it looks is really nice, and the colour scheme really works. I like how it's completely dark other than the cat's golden eye and the gold lettering. It's just really pretty.

Least favourite cover:

Варджак Лап
(Russian)

This isn't a terrible cover but I don't feel like the cream and black along the side really fits with the main image. I like the fact the cat is blue but the panel along the side completely ruins it.

Which of these is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I've actually heard of Varjak Paw and have it on my TBR list! Nice pick. I also like the German cover the most! It makes the cat look "alive".

    I've also picked a book featuring a cat, have a look here: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2017/04/book-travelling-thursdays-4-saga-of.html

    ReplyDelete