Wednesday 15 March 2017

T5W- Books You Felt Betrayed By





Hey guys, it's time for another Top 5 Wednesday! If you don't know what this is, it's a weekly meme where you choose your top 5 relating to a certain topic, usually bookish related. I'll leave the link to the Goodreads page here as that will definitely explain it better than I can!

This weeks theme is: books you felt betrayed by!

I struggled to come up with any books for this week because I'm usually pretty easy to please when it comes to books, there aren't a whole load of books I've been disappointed by or that I've been angry with any decisions the writer made but I came up with some that have made this weeks list!


1. Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield

I've talked about this book before, and as you probably know, I adored it. Probably one of my favourite books, I gave it 4.5/5 stars. I can't really go too much into depth as to why this book is on here, but the ending is the reason. The ending just made me so mad and was the reason I couldn't give this book 5 stars. It doesn't exactly tell us what happens to the main character June, just leaves it open and as far as I'm aware, there won't be a sequel which is just so annoying because this is one of few books that made me so emotional I cried. 


2. The Selection by Kiera Cass

Again, a book I've talked about before and I haven't gotten around to reading the rest of the series yet but the reason this has made the list is WHY IS CELESTE EVEN THERE?! It's obvious to everybody that she's a complete bitch, so it just infuriates me that she's even in the process at all. Surely, Prince Maxon can see from first meeting her that she's awful and should just throw her out there and then. I absolutely hate in books and films where the love interest can't see how awful someone is because they're so fake to his face.


3. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer.E.Smith

The reason I felt betrayed by this one is more my own fault than anything, because I over-hyped this book massively. I'd seen so many people rave about this book, and all Jennifer's writing that although I did enjoy the book, I was disappointed as I was expecting to give it a 5/5 and be amazed. It betrayed me with insta-love and so so many unrealistic events happening that I couldn't even justify and too many things were 'coincidental' it was stupid.


4. We Were Liars by E.Lockhart

This book. Was so beautiful. But it broke my heart. Into thousands of tiny pieces and I cannot deal with it. Nobody warned me about the ending. Nobody warned me that there was anything sad happening in this book at all. I was expecting a cute summer contemporary romance with no sadness. I was unprepared. This book betrayed me, by drowning me in a pool of tears when I did not, in any way, expect it. 


5. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

I won't say too much because again- spoilers. But I am one of the few people who doesn't like who Lara ends up with. Everyone I've seen loves the pairing but I much preferred the other boy from the love triangle. Don't get me wrong, I do like the guy but I just prefer the other with Lara. Maybe I'll change my mind when the third instalment of the series comes out but for now, I feel betrayed that she didn't end up with who I wanted. 




Which books did you feel betrayed by? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. We Were Liars!!! Yes!!! I didn't expect THAT twist coming.

    This book's also on my list
    https://remivfoliage.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/t5w-books-that-betrayed-me/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally just read your post and commented the same thing on yours oh my gosh :P

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm definitely going to check out Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield after reading how you felt about it... I couldn't agree with you more about The Selection... And while I got behind who Lara chose I do agree I was disappointed at first it wasn't the boy originally posed in To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paper Butterflies is such a heartbreaking story my gosh but you'll love it I promise!

      Delete