Tuesday 28 February 2017

February Favourites

Hi guys,



Today I'm going to be sharing with you my favourite things from the month of February, including books, beauty items, music, apps, movies and TV shows. I will try find links to everything mentioned too so hover over the word to see if there is a link!
Image result for the word book


Image result for paper butterflies book

My favourite book that I read in February was Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield. I've already done a review of this book so if you want to know more about it, check it out but I loved  this book. It was so emotional and intense and probably one of the most honest books I've read in a while. It was heartbreakingly beautiful. Paper Butterflies surrounds a young black girl named June, and her struggles through emotional and physical abuse both at home and at school. She finds one small hope in a boy called Blister who soon becomes her everything, and the only reason she is still surviving. This book follows her journey through childhood. There's so many unexpected plots and it's one of those books where you care about the characters so much it's painful. I gave this 4.5/5 stars.





                                                 Image result for the word beauty





Image result for maybelline fit me matte and porelessA beauty item I've been totally loving this month is my Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless foundation. I love Maybelline products in general and I've tried both the concealer and powder from the Fit Me range but this month is the first month that I've tried the foundation and it's amazing. It honestly matches my skin tone perfectly, it covers pores and breakouts without looking like you've caked it on. Even a light layer makes your face look more flawless. The consistency of it is really nice too, it's really smooth and I like the way it makes my skin feel. I have quite fair skin and the ivory shade is the one for me, just for reference. 


                                                Image result for the word music




Image result for fire that burns circa waves

This month's music pick is Fire That Burns by Circa Waves. Circa waves are an indie band that I'm sure most of you have heard of, as they're quite popular and famous now. I'm 
seeing them live at the end of March and I'm so excited about it! Their new album 'Different Creatures' is released on March 10th but they have released two singles from it already, Fire That Burns being one of them. It isn't as upbeat and happy sounding as their old music but it's probably one of my favourite's ever by them. The tune is really catchy and Kieran's voice is as gorgeous as ever.


                                                  Image result for the word app


Image result for plane finder appThis one might sound a bit strange but an app I've been loving this month is Plane Finder. I'm kind of a little obsessed with planes. I just find them really interesting and I love seeing them and wondering where they've come from and where they're going to. With this app, it shows you every single plane that is in the sky, live. You can click on each plane to find out information about it such as it's destination, what airline it is, how fast it's travelling and how high it is. There are so many different things you can find out about with this app and it's nice to see a plane outside and be able to click on the app and find out about that particular plane. It would also be good to track a plane if someone you know is on it maybe. It probably sounds really sad but I find it interesting. There is a free and paid version.



                                                 Image result for the word movie


Image result for world war z
A movie I watched this month and really enjoyed was World War Z. This film came out in 2013 so I am incredibly late to the party of watching this but it was so good! I planned to go see this when it first came to cinemas but for some reason, I never got around to it. Luckily, Harry said we should watch it last weekend and it was even better than I'd thought it would be! If you don't know, this film stars Brad Pitt and surrounds a zombie outbreak spreading all over the world and Pitt has to assist in trying to find a cure. The thing I loved most about this film is the way the zombies were done. They weren't made to be those stupid, slow moving dead people who groan but are honestly no threat at all. They were scary. Like literally exorcist like. Plus the plot took some really unexpected twists that I liked, it wasn't at all predictable.
                                              Image result for the word TV


Image result for riverdaleLastly, a TV show I have been completely OBSESSED with this month is....RIVERDALE. I've definitely saved the best thing till last here because godddd I cannot rave about this show enough. It's a Netflix original that aired at the end of January but I only started binging it last week and I'm already up to date. I like that there have only been a few episodes before I started so I can be on track and join in with all the fangiriling and not worry about spoilers. Plus if there are too many episodes to binge, I get bored and give up as I feel like I'm not making any progress (as happened with Teen Wolf, Gossip Girl, American Horror Story, Orange is the New Black, Breaking Bad...etc)

Anyway... RIVERDALE OMG ASDFGHJKL. It's compared a lot to Teen Wolf and Pretty Little Liars which are two of my favourite shows so I was bound to love this. The characters are amazing and witty and relatable. The plot is exciting, you constantly want to know what's going to happen next and who did what and ahhhh. I can't even really explain this to you because I'm rubbish at describing things but it's basically about a small town where everybody is connected in some way, and a young popular boy Jason dies in a terrible accident. It follows the lives of those who are affected, and secrets start coming out. IT IS SO GOOD JUST WATCH IT.

What were your picks for this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment