Thursday 23 February 2017

Book Travelling Thursdays #6

Hey guys, it's Thursday so you know what that means! Book Travelling Thursday is a weekly post created by Catia where we discuss book covers related to a certain theme. If you would like to join the group, or just some more information, I will leave the Goodreads page linked here.

This week's theme is: With the Oscars coming up soon choose a book that you would like to see as a movie. 

As usual, there are a lot of books I could have chosen for this theme but I wanted to pick one I haven't talked about much on my blog so I've gone for We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. This is a book I'm sure you've all heard of, a beautiful summer contemporary with a shocking and unseen twist. I loved this book and connected to it so much. 


Original cover:

We Were Liars

I do really like this cover, it's very summery and I'm kind of a sucker for water (weird I know) so a book that incorporates the sea or a pool is always appreciated by me. I like how the words seem to fade out at the end, and the people aren't shown in detail, just shadows and blurs, yet you can still tell they're happy somehow. I'm a fan of this cover if you couldn't tell.


Favourite covers:

ما دروغگو بودیم    Ми були брехунами   היינו שקרנים
(Persian edition)               (Ukrainian edition)          (Hebrew edition)

I just find all these covers super cute, even if the first one has nothing at all to do with the book really. I like the warm tones on it, and the cute bubbles remind me of summer time and the trees in the back just look really authentic. The second one is super colourful and fun but not in a 'hurts your eyes' sort of way. The sea in the background and the blurred out figures make it feel happy and kind of intriguing. The last one reminds me of the original one a little (which I LOVE but didn't want to include twice) and is a good representation of the book I feel. The figures clearly happy and enjoying themselves in the sea as the sun sets. It's just very feel-good.


Least favourite covers:

Mincinoșii  Kanske är det allt du behöver veta  Виновата ложь
(Romanian edition)       (Swedish edition)        (Russian edition)

If you've seen any of my previous BTT then you will know I actually despise detailed people/faces in covers of books. I don't know why, I just find it very cringey and off putting. All these covers do that for me. The first cover just looks really dark and gloomy and the red font at the top just looks wrong with the rest of the colour scheme. The second cover looks like it should be for 'Gossip Girl' or some other American cliche book, it doesn't at all fit with the plot of the book. The last cover is just the worst thing I've ever seen. I hate it. From the people and the way they're laying on the grass (helloooo the book is set on a beach), to the bright yellow text. It just feels like it's a cover for a completely different summer contemporary.


Which is your favourite and least favourite of these covers? Have you read this book, and if so, what did you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment