Wednesday 26 August 2015

Book series that you which had more books!

Hey guys, it's Cloud! This whole 'daily' thing is a lot harder than it looks. But I'm back!
Recently, I've been watching a lot of Booktubers and I've seen that each week they have a different topic to discuss "Top 5's" of! So I decided to jump on this and have a go. I'll leave the link to the Goodreads group below in case you guys want to make your own post or video, and I hope you enjoy! 

So this week, the theme was "Top 5 series that you wish had more books" and after thinking for a while, I managed to come up with some. As well as the Goodreads group, I'll also link the video I first saw this on, which is by sarawithoutanH who I absolutely love and I would definitely recommend subscribing to her channel for funny book related videos. Anyway, I'm rambling again. On with the post! 

Number 5- This isn't a specific book or series, but I really want John Green to create a series. He's amazing at writing stand alone novels that are so deep and emotional yet hilarious at the same time so I think if he ever wrote a series, it would be fantastic. I can actually imagine it, and the character development over the books would be great, the world building. Just everything about it would be fantastic so I'm hoping he will realise this and make a beautiful series soon. (Like seriously, where is his next book? I'm having withdrawal.)

Number 4- The My Mad Fat Diary duology by Rae Earl. These books are honestly so funny and I know it's not really possible for there to be another, as they are actual real diary entries from when Rae was younger but I would still love there to be more. Even if it was made up. They're so relatable and entertaining to read.

Number 3- The duology of To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. These are two of my favourite books, but I didn't feel like PS I Still Love You wrapped things up well. There are still questions that I feel we need answered, and also, I was really really not happy with the decision she made in the end. At all. So I would love there to be at least one more book just explaining how things worked out for Lara. 

Number 2- Probably my favourite series of all time is the Cherub series by Robert Muchamore. There are 12 books in the first series by him but I would happily read 100. The thing I love about it, is that even though they are books in a series, they still make sense by themselves. There is a new storyline or mission in each book which means you don't have to read it in order or anything. For those of you who don't know, the Cherub series is about a place where kids train to become undercover agents and take place in secret missions. I don't really know how to sell it but they are honestly amazing and I would recommend you check them out, even if you think it's not really your thing. 

Number 1- This is pretty obvious and I think every person I've seen do this challenge has said the same, but Harry Potter by J.K Rowling. I think the last book ended well and I'm not sure they could make any new books about Harry but she could make books about the next generation, or what happened to Hogwarts, or literally anything else. I would read anything about the wizarding world. 

And thus concludes today's Top 5 Wedneaday! I hope you enjoyed this and feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments and make sure to keep checking up on the blog for new posts.

Cloud xo


No comments:

Post a Comment