Friday 24 March 2017

Fill-Me-In Fridays #2

Hey guys, I'm back with another Fill-Me-In Friday! This is a weekly meme created by myself, I will leave a link to the Goodreads page if you would like some more information and to join in! Every Friday, there is a different topic which you must answer 5 questions about. The 5 questions are always the same, but your answers will change depending on the topic that week!

This weeks theme is: books set in a country different to your own.

There are absolutely loads of books set in a different country to me, as I live in England and a lot of the books I read are set in the USA or UK so this shouldn't be too hard for me.


1. What was the last book you read that was set in a country different to your own?

Optimists Die First by Susan Neilsen. This book is set in the US, and is such a beautiful story. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did but it was amazing. I will have a full review up for that on Tuesday.


2. What is the next book you plan on reading that is set in a country different to your own?

I'm still reading Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff which isn't only set in a different country, it's set in a different universe entirely. This book starts off set on the planet of Kerenza and continues on spaceships travelling across galaxies. I know this is fantasy so I hope this still counts.


3. What is the best book you've read that is set in a country different to your own?

There were so many options I could've picked for this question but I went with Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. One of my favourite contemporaries of all time, set in America again and it tells a beautiful heart-warming story of friendship and love and finding confidence when you thought you had none. 


4. What is the worst book you've ever read that is set in a country different to your own?

Again, this is sort of a fantasy world but The Maze Runner by James Dashner. It's set in 'the Glade' in a fictional world but that isn't the UK right so technically it counts. I adored the movie and absolutely hated the book. I didn't even finish it, it was that bad.


5. What is the book you've read with the best cover that is set in a country different to your own?

So many choices here but I went for one I've read and loved and that's Everything Leads To You by Nina LaCour. This is set in Hollywood and is an LGBTQ contemporary following girls who dream to be a set designer. It's honestly brilliant and beautiful.


Everything Leads to You

That's everything for this week! Let me know what your answers would be in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment