Monday 20 February 2017

My Life in Books Tag

Hey guys. So we all know how much I love tags and this one was perfect! I saw this tag on Beatrice's blog (check it out here) and loved the questions so decided to do it, even though I wasn't tagged by anyone...

1. Find a book for each of your initials.

C-  Cinder by Marissa Mayer.

R-  The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain.

E-  Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour.


2.Count your age along your bookshelf. Which book is it?
Image result for ya books with green covers

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins.

My books are organised in a weird way, I have series' I've read at least two books of arranged alphabetically by author's last name first. Then I have all my standalone novels or first books in series arranged in colour order. I don't know why, this layout just works for me.

3. Pick a book set in your city/country.

Image result for wuthering heights

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

There are a lot of books set in England but obviously none of them are set in Halifax. Nobody even knows where Halifax is. However, it's in the county of West Yorkshire, which is where Wuthering Heights is set. Coincidentally one of my favourite books of all time, is also set in one of my favourite places in the world. 

4. Pick a book which represents a destination you'd love to travel to.

Image result for paper towns book

Paper Towns by John Green.

I think every girl who does not live in the US, wants to travel to the US. It's just a typical dream. I was considering choosing New York City for this, but didn't want to be too cliche. Florida seems like a really fun and warm place to go in the US so I chose this instead.

5. Pick a book that's your favourite colour.

Image result for it started with goodbye

It Started With Goodbye by Christina June.

I love green and blue. It's so pretty. I prefer like the pastel, washed out colours rather than bold bright colours which is why I like this cover so much. This book hasn't been released yet but I think it looks really interesting and cute.

6.Which book do you have the fondest memory of?

Image result for the night circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

I read this book in summer time last year when I was in a really happy and chilled out place, and it is also one of my favourite books of all time so I have a lot of good memories associated with this book and the times when I read it. 

7. Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?

Image result for the time traveler's wife book

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

I don't even have a reason for this because it's such an amazing book, I gave it 4/5 stars and I really enjoyed the idea of it and the way it was written. But for some reason, it took me over 6 months to finish this book, which is a disgrace I know. I was in some kind of reading slump and also books longer than 400 pages intimidate me so I kept putting it off because I felt like I wasn't making any progress with it. I'm glad I eventually did finish it though.

8. Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it?
Image result for forsaken skies

Forsaken Skies by D. Nolan Clark

Not only is this book a sci-fi novel which is a genre I rarely reach for, it's also huge. Which as I said earlier, scares me. I'm really intrigued by it though and want to read it desperately, I just need the motivation to do so!


That's it for this post guys! Consider yourself tagged if you want to answer these questions and be sure to comment with the link to your post because I'd love to read your answers! Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment