Thursday 5 January 2017

T5W- 2017 GOALS

Image result for top 5 wednesday


Hey guys!


I've decided to try start posting my Top 5 Wednesdays again, I think I participated in this challenge for like, one week before giving up. But since I've become a lot more active on my blog recently, I decided to make my goal for this year to post one EVERY WEEK! (Tough for me I know, and no, I won't be including that goal on this list.)

GOAL 1- UPDATE THIS BLOG AND MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK!

I've been working really hard recently on this blog and on my YouTube channel, trying to get content on both at least once a week and it's going well so far. But my goal for 2017 is to keep that up, to keep motivated and carry on making videos and posts for you guys. I love doing this so much, it's a great outlet and hearing all the wonderful things you guys have to say always brightens my day but sometimes it can be hard! Honestly, it's a lot more work than you'd think. I always looked to YouTubers and bloggers and other internet sensations and wondered how they had it so easy. I now regret ever even thinking that, it's so stressful and so much time/effort. Totally worth it though.

GOAL 2- READ AT LEAST A CHAPTER A DAY!

Most days I read around 50 pages when I get home from work, but some days I just really can't be bothered. I'm tired, and I just want to cuddle up in my bed with my cat and watch a movie. But for 2017 I'm making it a rule that I have to at least read a chapter a day. Even if that chapter is only a few pages, at least I'm making progress. Hey, something is better than nothing right?

GOAL 3- KEEP UP WITH MY READING CHALLENGES!

This year I'm taking part in quite a few reading challenges including the famous annual Pop Sugar reading challenge, but also some smaller challenges featured in some of the Goodreads groups I'm in. I think I got a bit too excited with the challenges and joined more than I'll be able to fit in during one month but I'm definitely going to try. I get stressed quite easily so the thought of having to rush a book or not finishing the challenges is giving me serious anxiety right now but I'm hoping it'll be a positive motivation for me rather than having a negative impact.

GOAL 4- STEP OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE!

There are a lot of situations I find difficult to be in due to anxiety, mainly being alone in public places. So this year I'm aiming to do things I wouldn't normally do and try to combat these fears and enjoy myself a lot more. This goal is surrounding lots of things from reading books I wouldn't normally choose to travelling somewhere by myself for a little relaxation. I find a good way to read different books is to apply for the Goodreads giveaways. If you win, you will be sent a free copy of whichever book you've won. I've experienced lots of different genres this way and will continue to do this for a while I hope. Plus who doesn't like free books.

GOAL 5- STOP SPENDING UNNECESSARILY!

Lastly, but probably most importantly, I need to stop spending my money on anything and everything. I have a really bad tendency to buy things I don't need and won't even use. I'm one of those ridiculous people that can't resist a sale, even if I wouldn't buy the item if it was the same price but not reduced. I'm constantly buying new books even though I haven't finished enough from my TBR shelf which is why that shelf just grows at a rapid rate and leaves me overwhelmed. If you saw my last post, you'll know that I have a Wish account which I use all the time, and waste all my wage on. So I'm going to try only buy things I need, or have wanted for a while by making a list on my phone every time I want something, and if I still want it in one months time, I'm allowed to buy it. This way I'll know what I actually want, and what I'm just buying for the sake of it.

So that's the end of this weeks T5W! I hope you all enjoyed and I can't wait to speak to you soon. Bye xo


2 comments:

  1. This is so relatable, I need to step out of my comfort zone on the asap as well. Hope this all goes well for you!! xx
    could you pleaseee check out my blog, I'm new and would love your feedback!!
    https://deardimitri.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll definitely check yours out x

      Delete