Friday 28 April 2017

Fill Me In Fridays #7 - Classics

Hey guys, I'm back with another Fill Me In Friday! This is a weekly meme created by myself and I will leave the Goodreads page linked here if you want to join! Every Friday we answer 5 questions relating to a certain topic. The questions always stay the same but your answers will change depending on the theme.

This weeks topic is: Classic books.

Being honest, I haven't really read that many classic books but I really want to change that and get in to them a bit more. I just find the language quite difficult sometimes but they're such important reads and they're classics for a reason!

1. What was the last classic book you read?
For me it was The Little Prince by Antonie De Saint-Exupery. I absolutely adored this book, it was very short, I finished it in one sitting but it had such an important message behind it and had me completely engaged the whole time. It was just really cute and enjoyable, and written in a very smart way. For more thoughts, look out for my April Wrap-Up on Monday!

 2. What is the next classic book you want to read?
I think this might be Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I think this counts as a classic, and although it's one of my favourite Disney films, I'm so ashamed to say I haven't read the book yet! I do own it though and since it is a short read, hopefully I'll be able to get to it soon!

3. What is the best classic book you've ever read?
This isn't even difficult, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. This is one of my favourite books of all time, it was a story I read over and over as a child so it holds such a special place in my heart. I love all the characters and obviously hate some of the characters too but it's so interesting- plus it's set very close to where I live so I could picture it easily.

4. What is the worst classic book you've ever read?
I know a lot of people are going to shout at me for this so I'm sorry, but it's Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It's my best friend's favourite book and I know literally everybody loves it, it's so iconic but I just couldn't get into it! I ended up giving it 2/5 stars. I didn't mind the characters but I didn't really understand what was going on or like the writing so I never became interested in what was happening.


5. What is the best classic book cover?
I always use books that I've read for this question otherwise there would be way too many to choose from, so I went with The Little Prince by Antonie De Saint-Exupery again. I love this cover I think it's so cute and simple.



The Little Prince

What's your favourite classic? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. When reading classic books what type do you get, paperback, hardback or ebook and why? I try to get hardbacks with blank covers so they're closer to the original copies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my books are paperback, I like having them all the same size on my shelf that's the only reason why.

      Delete